We like to think of our Home Stagers as being in charge of “first impressions”. Home stagers are responsible for putting the ‘finishing touches’ on each of the vacation rentals we manage prior to guest and owner arrivals. They conduct inspections of all vacation rental properties to make sure the properties are secure, ensure standards of cleaning are met, and they provide the guest gifts to each arrival. Maybe more importantly, they “stage” the home to be ready for the arrival including placing pillows just right, finding a few errant pieces of trash under the bed, or rearranging the kitchen to be presentable and feel clean to the guest. During peak seasons (Christmas holidays, especially) the position may necessitate overtime. This job is well suited for a detailed oriented person who has an eye for making a room look styled vs. just clean. They must be comfortable with the pressure of busy days, but also find fulfillment in going the extra mile to make homes look ready for a discerning guest or owner
– Perform detailed inspections of properties prior to owner and guest arrivals to ensure that the condition of the property meets the expectations of owners and guests.
– Will become familiar with the layout of every property (where furniture and decor goes) to ensure the property is set up the same upon each arrival.
– Taking on small repairs and minor maintenance tasks i.e. changing light bulbs, tightening cabinet knobs, minor deck/porch shoveling, etc
– Report all extensive cleaning and maintenance related issues to housekeeping manager and maintenance personnel.
– Proactively offer up suggestions for improvement for each home to the Homeowner Liaison Team
– Complete detailed checklists per inspection as well as communicate with coworkers via software and portable digital devices
– Drive and maintain company vehicles safely and to a high standard of cleanliness reporting any vehicle needs to supervisor in a timely fashion.
– Assist in meeting any guest needs that arise including, delivering amenities, removing items, etc
– During busy times, may have to strip beds and pack sheets/towels for housekeeping team
– During non-peak times, assist in other department projects within the company
– The ability to multi-task and communicate well with other employees and guests is a must for this position
– Must have weekend and select holiday availability
– Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
– Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) and ability to quickly learn/adapt to other software applications
– Clean, professional appearance
– Ability to lift 75+ pounds
– Detail oriented
– Ability to speak English fluently- Spanish is a plus
– High School diploma